Obsidian Global – Join Our Team
Obsidian Global employs the most talented leaders and IT professionals to represent our team and culture. We value team members’ interest in leadership, business development, and furthering technical specialization – one size does not fit all!
As an employee of our small business, you can build a career which supports your aspirations, while Obsidian builds the viable workforce to expand our business and support our diverse client base.
Obsidian Global is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will have the opportunity to help shape strategies and federally compliant solutions, using sound system architecture and system engineering principals, working directly with customers, system integrators and solution providers. You will provide technical design and thought leadership for Federal new business pursuits and will work with our client’s sales and business development teams. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solution architect community. The ideal candidate will have experience working with U.S. Federal marketplace, proven contacts and the ability to design and implement solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Owning the technical engagement with direct communication with our customer
- Defining the technical and implementation system(s) architecture(s)
- Leading the Technical Volume for proposals, writing technical sections of the proposal, developing Bill of Materials (BOM), building Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
- Participating in the win strategy development and the capture process
- Responding to Request for Information (RFI) and Request for Proposals (RFP)
- Developing a deep understanding of Network, Wireless, and other Telecommunications Service offerings within the Federal marketplace in order to provide solutions to our clients’ business imperatives
- Providing thought leadership in specialized BPO areas
- Developing technical narratives and white-papers.
- Works with the client lines of business, support staff, and defines technical solutions using existing client products and COTS components.
- Will research, analyze, design, and propose architecture solutions and guidance for client pursuits
- Makes recommendations on technical solutions needs, related applications and /or custom solutions to meet or exceed customer requirements
- Leading the effort to support, resolve and document issues that arise in the defining integrated solution architecture Identifying technology changes or opportunities that can improve efficiency and performance of our products and its impact on subsequent processes based on industry standards and new initiatives
- Demonstrated history of leading solutions for winning proposals in the Federal market
- 10 years of experience as a New Business Solution Architect, CTO, Enterprise Architect, Senior Technical Sales Engineer or other related senior technical leadership positon
- 5 years of Federal Proposal experience required
- 5 years of experience designing and implementing complex network solutions
- Candidate Education Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems Engineering, Business Administration (with relevant technical undergraduate degree), or other related field or equivalent.
- Network certification a plus
- Experience working for a large Telecommunications provider a plus
Skills, Knowledge & Ability:
Has extensive experience in doing business within the U.S. Federal domain, experience in architecting, designing and implementing IT programs and environments, and 10+ years of relevant IT architecture and systems engineering experience.
- Requires advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding across multiple IT disciplines (e.g. business, technology, application and information/data) and specific technologies.
- Extensive experience working Federal Proposals and excellent proposal writing and graphics conceptualization is required
- The senior solution architect is responsible for analyzing and incorporating where appropriate, industry trends, and must be familiar with enterprise standards, methodology and governance.
- The role will requires expert knowledge of the enterprise infrastructure and advanced network solutions
- The role also requires expertise in the technology platform(s) being utilized (Ruby on Rails, .NET, J2EE, and Open Source platforms) and understanding of application, server, and network security and government requirements such as NIST RMF, FISMA, FedRAMP, and DIACAP.
- The senior solution architect will have very strong and broad technical skills and the ability to learn new areas quickly, with the ability to drill down to the detail level of the designs. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent technical leadership skills and have a solid understanding of the federal industry. Proven ability to articulate and implement an enterprise-wide vision for customer-focused operations.
- Takes initiative to keep skills up to date and to maintain awareness of and, in own area(s) of expertise. Specifically: Has played a leadership role in architectural facets both within and outside the company. Demonstrates high standards of professional and ethical behavior in dealings with clients, colleagues and staff.
- Has a comprehensive knowledge of at least one specific technology area and a broad understanding across a wide field along with a record of applying such knowledge successfully in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to take significant responsibility and can handle contacts of all types and at all levels. Is skilled and takes accountability for managing change and making sound and far reaching decisions alone on major issues.
- Conversant with Federal IT strategy, policies and standards. Has working knowledge of change management, configuration management, reliability and safety methods and the use of metrics.
- Is skilled in project risk management.
- Communicates persuasively and effectively, both verbally and in writing; including influencing and “selling” to stakeholders. Possesses a strong ability in the use of analogy and storytelling to bring the technical subject matter to non-technical people.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Demonstrates a rational and organized approach to the tasks undertaken and an awareness of the need to achieve quality. Has thorough knowledge of the system components and interfaces being designed and integrated. Has thorough knowledge of testing procedures, configuration issues and concerns, and has comprehensive understanding of project and program management techniques
At a minimum, the duties of the Project Manager will include:
- Work with the technical leadership to effectively plan and manage network support services Ensure project initiatives are completed on schedule and budget with adherence to high quality standards
- Provide thought leadership and innovation in the application of information technology
- Work with the customer to effectively scope and prioritize project initiatives
- Manage relationships and communications with all project stakeholders including customers and end users
- Technical and Financial Reports and Forecasts
- Accountability to the Customer for Contract Performance
- Cost Control and Financial Management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong financial analysis; achieves financial objectives by anticipating requirements; submitting information for budget preparation; scheduling expenditures; monitoring costs; analyzing variances
- Manages conflicts and resolves problems
- Self-directed and goal-oriented
- Strong in analytical and project management.
- Maintenance of continuity across the branch by documenting and communicating standard operating procedures, communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Experience reviewing work products to ensure that the work products are adequate prior to Federal review and acceptance
- Experience communicating orally and in writing providing recommendations regarding process and performance improvements
- Experience managing subcontractors including development of SOWs and financial oversight
- People Management Skills: Must have the ability to manage cross-functional teams responsible for delivering high-quality project outputs on time and within budget. Ensures appropriate management, customer, and supplier involvement throughout the life of the project.
- Customer Interface Skills: Extraordinary customer service skills. As a primary customer interface, must be able to listen to and understand customer expectations and concerns, assure customer project is being executed effectively and have a sense of urgency in completing customer requests.
- PMP certification or equivalent
- General understanding of principles, techniques and practices of network and software engineering.
- Proposal writing
- Business development
- Experience with the general nature and capabilities of microcomputers and high performance workstations.
- Experience communicating orally and in writing to advise top management on new developments and advanced techniques.
- Experience coordinating development of IT standards, guidelines, or policy.
- Experience working with and negotiating effectively with management to accept and implement recommendations.
- Experience monitoring and responding to customer requests to deliver service.
Education & Experience:
Candidates must have at minimum a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 8 years of experience in managing and overseeing complex projects/programs. Candidates who demonstrate successful experience in managing within a co-sourcing environment as the customer’s trusted advisor will have an advantage
Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Residency Status and the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance or higher. All selected candidates will undergo drug test, background check, educational qualifications check, and must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident and be able to obtain a public trust level 5b clearance. Candidate must be able to safely lift, move, rack and install network equipment up to 60lbs, as needed.
Security Clearance: Minimum SECRET and eligible for TS
This position provides general engineering support to multiple firewall and perimeter security systems and devices. The well qualified candidate will possess and apply comprehensive knowledge regarding perimeter security devices. The candidate must be capable of Planning and leading the testing, implementation, and maintenance of perimeter security technologies and devices. The candidate must be capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes affecting perimeter security configuration/implementations. This position may be supervisory.
- Build, design, test and deploy perimeter security systems.
- Directs compilation of records and reports concerning perimeter operations and maintenance to analyze the performance of perimeter security systems.
- Provides input to the problem management process, including assessing and evaluating software and hardware anomalies. Supports the root cause analysis efforts to determine problems and develop remediation activities. Interfaces with vendor support service groups to ensure proper support during outages or periods of degraded system performance.
- Manages the transition to operations of perimeter security devices.
- Collaborate with Cross-Bureaus and Agencies to implement network changes as it relates to perimeter security
- Supports the configuration testing of replacement perimeter devices
- Plans, documents, and implements hardware and software refresh
- Create and Maintain standard operating procedures and guides for new and/or existing perimeter hardware and software.
- Attend weekly teleconferences, onsite meetings, and participates in working groups, as related to constant changing security environment.
- Bachelor degree in a computer science/computer engineering related discipline
- 8-10 years IT network engineering support experience (Tier II, Tier III, network infrastructure implementation and maintenance)
- Expert experience in one or more of the following security devices: McAfee StoneGate,FortiGate, BlueCoat Proxy, CISCO ESA, Palo Alto firewalls, and A10 Proxy, Panorama management console
- Experience supporting the configuration and maintenance of Firewall/DMZ infrastructure including Network and Application Firewall Packet Filtering technologies (McAfee Stonegate, Security Appliances, Juniper)
- Firsthand experience in developing and providing quality assurance review of engineering change orders relating to the replacement or enhancement of perimeter security hardware and software
- Experienced with performing root cause analysis, risk identification, and risk mitigation
- Expert knowledge in configuring Cisco switches
- Experienced with network monitoring devices such as HP Openview, Nagios, Zenoss, NeuralStar or other similar monitoring tools
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess a US “SECRET” security clearance and eligible for a Top Secret clearance
- ITIL ® Foundation certification
- Certifications: StoneGate Firewal/VPN Architect Certification, StoneGate Management Client (SMC) Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Network+, Security+
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs)
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Review system and application logs, verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure system CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Perform in a team environment with other Systems Administrators to provide overall operations and maintenance for the environment
- Partner with Systems Engineering and Integration groups in the install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirement.
- Serve as primary escalation point for incident tickets from Level 1 Service Desk
- Action and resolve escalated tickets in accordance to Service Level Agreements
- Use Remedy Action Request System to log, track and manage incident and request queue
- Apply systems and security patches to all workstations and servers in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Use remote desktop tools to troubleshoot escalated incidents and to deploy and remove local applications
- Deploy, maintain, and operate a data backup and recovery solution that supports encryption requirements
- Provide on-site system administration for COTS applications
- Facilitate and support the development and of desktop images Perform system administration functions on all program servers, applications, and systems
- Manage updates to hardware and software to maintain currency as well as the overall data center administration requirements
- Review audit, security, application, system, web/application/database, and directory service logs
- Monitor system capacity – storage, memory, and CPU. Test, install, and report status of patches and hot fixes
- Identify, correct, record, and properly identify anomalies
- Provide IT System Administration services for various customers across the PO
The selected candidate must have:
- Demonstrated proficiency using patch management systems, preferably Shavlik and WSUS
- Experience planning and implementing enterprise systems backups
- Proficiency in Remedy support
- Minimum of eight (8) years of professional experience maintaining a network/operational environment
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with Microsoft operating systems
- Experience supporting content management solutions (MS SharePoint, Open Text Content Management Server)
- Demonstrated experience migrating systems to new approved versions Experience creating and managing Group Policy Objects
- Demonstrated experience in VMware virtualization across-platforms
- Demonstrated experience with the administration of database (MS SQL/Oracle) backups and restores
- Demonstrated understanding of Active Directory infrastructure, design and interface capabilities with other MS products
- Demonstrated understanding of name resolution (DNS, WINS)
The following skills/experience are desired:
- Certification in any of the following:
- ITIL Foundation v3
- CompTIA Security +
- CompTIA A+
- MCP – 70-290
- Managing and Maintaining Windows 2003 Servers
- MCSA (2000, 2003)
- MCSE (2003, 2007)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline with 8 or more years of progressive related experience OR 12 years of related experience.
- An IAT Level III certification. A grace period of 60 days from hire may be granted if the selected candidate holds a current IAT Level II certification.
- The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance.
Inside office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management (100%).
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk (90%). Requires sitting at a computer terminal for long periods of time (90%). There is a possibility that due to parking availability and location of work area walking moderate to long distances can sometimes be required. Must be able to lift and carry 15 lbs.
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment (100%). Ability to conduct evaluation of third and fourth generation or current state of the art computer hardware and software and its ability to support specific requirements, interfacing with other equipment and systems.
Attendance is critical. Work hours are normally 8 hours per day and 5 days per week, Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Must be able to obtain and retain a security clearance. Must be a U.S. citizen. Must be able to obtain unescorted access to work areas. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance. This is to advise you, that should you be extended an offer, if you possess a dual citizenship (i.e., citizen of the US and another country), in order to be granted a clearance you will be required to relinquish your citizenship in the foreign country. Please note: relinquishing citizenship does not guarantee the approval of security clearance. The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance is required.
An IAT Level III certification is also required.
This position is for a database developer and administrator to support our federal client by applying information technology solutions to their business processes. This position is responsible for installation, maintenance, tuning and support of our Oracle and SQL Server databases. Further this position is responsible for providing schema architectural vision and design for system databases as well as supporting developers by tuning database queries and developing store procedures where appropriate.
- Be primarily responsible for DBA activities in support of Oracle and MS SQL Server including installation, backup and recovery, tuning and other maintenance activities.
- Be responsible for developing the overall architecture and schema of the databases.
- Be proficient in database performance analysis and tuning. Monitor performance and evaluate areas to improve efficiency.
- Provide overall responsibility for the performance of database interactions with the system. Provides support for software developers by providing guidance on the development of SQL queries, vetting and tuning them where needed.
- Provide troubleshooting and support for escalated operational issues including the support and tuning of COTS product databases.
- Provide and ensure standards are enforced as they relate to database interactions.
- Develop and support database stored procedures. · Be responsible for data loading and data migration activities.
- Be responsible for designing, building, writing ETL scripts and maintaining data warehouses in support of the system.
- Be responsible for providing database support and advice to the reports team.
- Act as a member of the development team
- Participate in and provide substantive contributions to daily Scrum standups.
- Participate in and provide substantive contributions regular backlog grooming
- Participate in and provide substantive contributions Sprint planning and retrospectives
- Improve and expand their knowledge and skill set with regard to current trends and changes in database industry.
- Proactively contribute to the quality of the product by seeking and proposes new or alternate approaches to addresses the organizations business problems. Propose and submit technical debt stories which will improve the product.
Required Skill and Experience:
- Have 5+ years demonstrated experience administering Microsoft SQL or Oracle databases.
- Have 3+ years demonstrated experience with PL/SQL or TSQL
- Highly skilled in writing and tuning SQL statements
- Experience with Oracle (12c or 11g), or Microsoft SQL Server (2012 or 2016)
- Experience supporting Agile software development teams
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills, self-motivated, and able to work and communicate in a team environment.
- Other Desired Skills:
- Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Server certifications.
- Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle Server certifications.
- Experience with dimensional modeling concepts and data warehousing.
- Experience designing ETL processes used to populate data warehouses.
- Experience using TOAD IDE
- Experience supporting Oracle databases on a windows platform.
- Experience with Business Intelligence products especially MicroStrategy or SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, similar degree, or database development experience.
The Network Engineer will:
- Maintain a test and integration laboratory and NOC
- Manage program networks
- Support special projects such as migration of applications to/from a cloud-based architecture and the use of enterprise systems provided through NMCI
- Support the COOP plan development with network expertise and documentation
- Employ configuration management into each Network modification activity
- Configuration of assorted network infrastructure, including routers, switches, VLANs, routing protocols, network encryption technology, Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) architectures, etc.
The selected candidate should have:
- Experience installing related equipment
- Experience designing, preparing and modifying engineering documents and drawings
- Experience in “Specific Projects” discipline, of which 2 must have been performed within the last 3 years (experience may be concurrent)
- Knowledge of Cisco routing and switching network infrastructure, Cisco Unified Communication Manager configuration and associated infrastructure a plus
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to listen, understand and translate client requirements
- Ability to effectively manage conflict, and affect adequate solutions
- Strategic planning skills, organizational skills, operating skills, and strong leadership
- Familiarity with network operations concepts and methodologies
- Must be knowledgeable in best practices and the use of project management and IT methodologies
- Must be able to lead projects on varying scales, and work with technical teams on all levels and disciplines
- Must understand business processes and have the ability to thoroughly understand the technology to address client’s requirements
- BS/BA Computer Science or related IT discipline with ten years of practical experience.
- IAT Level III certification . A grace period of 60 days from hire may be granted if the selected candidate holds a current IAT Level II certification.
- The minimum of an active interim Secret or Secret level DoD security clearance.
The following certifications are desired:
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- Windows 2007 +
- Exchange 2007+
- Current CCNA and/or CCDA certification
- MCITP or MCTS
Active DoD Secret clearance