Obsidian provides ongoing Certification & Accreditation as well as Information Assurance support. Obsidian SMEs use:
- Host Based Security Systems (HBSS), Antivirus, BlueCoat, Q1 Snare (log server), multiple IDS and scanning tools to ensure that the RTD&E network is compliant and efficient while ensuring end user performance satisfaction is maintained.
- Retina, SCAP, ACAS and NMAP tools for automated scanning. Locally created scripts and security templates are used to ensure all systems are IA compliant and to formally document the systems security posture.
- Obsidian SMEs analyze current government regulations and proposed regulatory changes of other automated or manual systems that could impact the information systems.
Obsidian Security Capabilities include:
- Network Security Engineering
- Network Enclaving
- Firewall Engineering
- Computer Network Defense (CND)
- Information Security Policy
- Information Assurance (IA)
- Assessment & Authorization (A&A)
- Certification & Accreditation (C&A)
- Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Cyber Security Training
- Obsidian supports the Defense Cyber Investigations Training Academy (DCITA) by developing and delivering training courses in the areas of Cyber Counter-Intelligence, Cyber Forensics, Network Intrusions, Incident Response and General IT for approximately 2,000 students per year.
Cyber Security Tools Used:
- PKE/PKI, ICAM, Network Intrusion and Cyber Forensics
- Compile A&A packages for IA Assessments
- Collaborate with System Owners to mitigate IA findings
- DOJ, FBI
- DHS, I&A
- DoD, USAF
- DOS, IRM
- DoD, Navy
- DHS, CBP
- DHS, OBIM